Popey suggested I try out yad and I like it! Looks like it supports some more use cases than zenity, is supposed to be lighter weight, plus it's faster to type. Check out the file dialog on the Librem 5!

A two-line change to /use/share/gpodder/UI/gtk/gpodder.ui to change two horizontal panes to vertical ones was all it took to make it fit perfectly on the screen. I love .

After a few years my shaving stand got bumped on top and the leverage cracked the base. The great thing about is that I noticed it this morning and by this afternoon I had printed the (now much stronger) replacement.

A thread on one of my biggest and changing SOC(k) compliance standards:

Over 20 yrs ago I decided to standardize on one type of sock: white cotton Haynes with grey toe and heel and red toe stitching. While I own dress and boot socks, 99.9% of the time I wear these socks.

There are many benefits to this approach:
* No need to mate socks
* If a sock has a hole, throw it away and grab another from the drawer
* Due to family, I haven't ever had to buy these socks myself

Mutt running natively on my phone--just needed to install the deb and scp my mutt settings from a different computer.

It's happening! I already moved my SIM over so I can treat it as my main phone.

I made some croissants from scratch for the holidays. Laminating dough is a lot of work but so worth it.

I used to make the gift box for my wife's birthday present. It definitely helped add to the mystique.

A German beer Advent calendar for him. A French wine Advent calendar for her. A good start to the season for everyone.

New book! I'm reading Poisoner in Chief, about the `50s CIA MK-ULTRA mind-control program. It references a manual CIA commissioned Mulholland, a Houdini protégé, to write. It documented slight of hand techniques to deliver poisons, etc. All copies were thought destroyed until one surfaced a decade ago.

Step 1: Get in da choppah
Step 2: Get over da volcano
There is no step 3!

The very rare Goth sea turtle only visits beaches as black as its soul.

Today's antique store find: an Addiator Duplex mechanical computer!

They were made in Germany from 1920 to the 1980s (obsoleted by electronic calculators). This one is from the '50s or later, due to "West Germany" reference in the instructions.

My son successfully navigated my "MacGuyver obstacle course" featuring a lockpick set high out of reach, bomb-diffusing clues inside a padlocked bag, and a snap circuits "bomb" behind a locked bathroom door.

My copy of the Snowden memoir, Permanent Record arrived! Can't wait to dig into this tonight!

Look what arrived! Excited to read this book. While today fascism and the far right is the existential threat that justifies any means to eradicate, it wasn't always this way. 18 yrs ago today it was radical (and non-radical) Islam and in the 1950s it was communism and the far left. This book documents CIA studies into mind control to counter the communist threat that resulted in torture of US citizens, death, and countless other atrocities.

Marshmallow technique is important. Crisp, toasted (not burnt) outside, melted inside.

Check out my new pocket computer! Ok not exactly new, it's a Tasco Pocket Arithometer from the '40s.

Show more
Librem Social

Librem Social is an opt-in public network. Messages are shared under Creative Commons BY-SA 4.0 license terms. Policy.

Stay safe. Please abide by our code of conduct.

(Source code)

image/svg+xml Librem Chat image/svg+xml