Lazy Cathursday #shotonlibrem5
The #Allegro community has a tradition of "secret santa" game jam - where each participant writes a list of wishes and makes a game for someone else based on their wishlist. I took part in it this year and made "a game with spy/stealth/assassination type gameplay" called Secret Santa :) #gamedev #gamejam
phoc 0.10.0 and 0.11.0 have been released ➡️ https://gitlab.gnome.org/World/Phosh/phoc/-/releases
0.10.0 contains several fixes for window and shell layer placement, better handling of tiled windows, output mapping for tablets and external touchscreens, and lots of code cleanups; 0.11.0 is the same as 0.10.0 except of having wlroots upgraded from ancient 0.12.0 to latest stable 0.14.1. Enjoy!
Chris Talbot aka @kop316 plays a huge part in getting MMS support into modern mobile Linux distributions. ✉️ 🚀 📱
In the #postmarketOSpodcast interview, he talks about:
Chatty 5.0~beta is out!
This is the first Chatty released with integrated MMS support!
google antitrust filing thread from @firstname.lastname@example.org
RT Lock (with permission):
Ok so, I just read through all 173 pages of the unredacted Google antitrust filing and I have to say that either Google is screwed or society is screwed, we'll find out which.
Unordered list of fun things I learned:
- google has a secret deal with facebook called "Jedi Blue" that they knew was so illegal that it has a whole section describing how they'll cover for each other if anyone finds out
- google appears to have a team called gTrade that is wholly dedicated to ad market manipulation
- Google had a plan called "Project NERA" to turn the web into a walled garden they called "Not Owned But Operated". A core component of this was the forced logins to the chrome browser you've probably experienced (surprise!)
- Google is willing to do almost everything to prevent people from circumventing their ad exchanges
- This is what AMP is about
- Google habitually insider trades on their ad exchanges in every way you can think of and every way you can't. Too many ways to list here.
- The exchanges are also rigged so that google wins on bids where they aren't the highest bidder.
- A large amount of people inside google are aware of all of this
- If Google ever tells you some change will increase your ad yield, run. In fact anything they tell you is a lie
- Google has worked with Facebook and Microsoft to discourage them from increasing user privacy, lamenting occasions where they prioritized their reputation over their collective business interest
You can read the full unredacted document for yourself here:
Hi, I'm dos. ~80 silly FLOSS games, open smartphones, terrible music. 50% of Holy Pangolin; 100% of dosowisko.net; Librem 5 dev at @purism. he/him