i am impressed by the knowledge and forsight, though i do 100% disagree that phone numbers should be used for authentication and online security, i wholeheartedly hope it will never ever happen for matrix, it would be better to do encrypted email for example.
2. why is debian OS and terminal commands case sensitive (sometimes for example when launching flatpak apps), thats terrible again from the user perspective.
3. passwords and keychain management in ubuntu / ubuntu touch and debian / gnome is fickl, sometimes wifi or vpn passwords are not saved or opened during system launch, resulting in popups that incorrectly ask for already saved passwords, reboot agaim resolves these issues
4. Often times when things dont work in ubuntu like thunderbolt device tree management or general hardware driver support in debian and associated connections, or updates not one but TWO restarts , more often than not, are required and magically resolve issues,
5. linux is supposed to be fast on old devices but sometimes its slow, ubunutu launching firefox takes 2minutes crying on my macbook pro 2011.
As a non programmer back seat bencher here are things i dont like about linux:
1. for all the community builds there are too many distributions, and ways to do packaging that are incompatible between desktop environments, results in duplication of work and user friction- we need linux standards that match standards for kernel development in user space.
#shotonlibrem5 First Light
#shotonlibrem5 Creating a Giant
Also given the limited #mobile app market on linux platforms, is there a way to develop an compiled for the right architecture to run on any OS (html i suppose would do that). Are there efforts to make all KDE, Sailfish, Gnome, Ubuntu touch, Mobiam, etc based apps compatible to run on each others platforms (e.g. Freetube ....)
(i firmly think they should)
What do we want from our technology?
⭐ We want the right to change providers.
🔒 We want the right to protect personal data.
💡We want the right to verify.
👁️ We want the right to not be tracked.
🚀 We want the right to access.
Feeds lets you stay up to date with everything that you care about. Just add an RSS feed into the application and see whenever anyone you follow updates their feed. For example, you can add my profile's URL into the program and see new posts from me alongside those of any blogs or video creators you are receiving updates from
You can get the app on Flathub here: https://flathub.org/apps/details/org.gabmus.gfeeds
You can follow the app's creator here: @gabmus
We're proud to share the release of GNOME 42! After months of hard work from all our teams, this release brings many improvements and exciting new features, like dark mode!
are you in/near Portland and do you like electronics and open hardware? then visit Hardware Happy Hour (3H) hosted by Helen Leigh on Tuesday, March 22nd at 6PM PDT! it's gonna be awesome and there might be MNT Reforms: https://www.meetup.com/hardware-happy-hour-3h-portland/events/284168453/
libadwaita 1.1 and libhandy 1.6 released: https://blogs.gnome.org/alexm/2022/03/19/libadwaita-1-1-libhandy-1-6/
ICE is not the first, and will probably not be the last, federal agency to abuse our notion of what is “relevant” for an investigation in order to collect information on millions of people. This must end. https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2022/03/heres-how-ice-illegally-obtained-bulk-financial-records-western-union
Advocate for citizen Privacy IP rights where ever you live and independent of any Government Regulation