* Build the tool with itself
* Circular dependencies: Gradle needs #Kotlin to build which needs Gradle to build...
* Depend on snapshots to build releases, but then they don't keep a way to reproduce the snapshot releases https://github.com/gradle/gradle/issues/26516
* Java-style bundling of all dependencies
* Hidden proprietary depends https://github.com/gradle/gradle/issues/16439
thanks ebourg for keeping on!
It would help if people showed their interest on the issues there. It can be just a 👍 or even better, post about your use cases
@eighthave That sounds like a rather fragile build tool that can't be built without somoene else's prebuilt binary. Ouch.
@static yes exactly. its not a good root of trust.